Ou
r next stop was a lunch break in this small fishing village called "Ullapool." it was SO beautiful! It was right on the Loch and was in the midst of all these hills(it was in the Highlands of Scotland so obviously...).we only had an hour there so I ate some lunch(pizza, ham and cheese, 8 pieces, I ate 4). the picture to the left is the harbor, and it is so beautiful! I always think I would love to live in a small town like that,yet I feel that is in theory, because another part of me knows that I would be bored after 1 week. or not, maybe if I was not alone...I am learning that you can love a place, but if you dont have friends, it will never really home. this was a good lunch break; too short but good. and that pizza was GOOD!!!!
Our next stop was the "Corrieshalloch Gorge." This gorge was 250ft and it has a bridge like the one I mentioed, although you can imagine, scarier because of that 250ft drop.only 6
people allowed on it at the same time. our guide himself would not cross it.I did not either, although I did get about 1-2 feet into the bridge, so I was ON the bridge, the part where the grasssy cliff side was still under the bridge. this man that was there said that he had been coming back for 25 years and it still terrified him. he didnt go all the way across either. I had already lived up to my daring tattoo for the day and 250ft gorge, on a suspension bridge that swayed? no thanks honey. there is a picture of it to the right. now, imagine...250ft drop below that bridge.
Our last stop for the day was Eilian Donald Castle. apprently, it's been in maid of honor and some jam
es bond movie along with a ton of others. it is not the original, the original was burned down and this was a restoration project. anyway, we had a tour of it, and it was good! they had a different guide in each room. only two rooms, but it was so good and the last one, made it so good! the small peep holes that they used in those days was brilliant! keep an eye on suspicious yet maintain your hospitality.
After this we crossed over into Isle of Skye. the bridge in the picture to the right is the bridge used to get to Skye. it is a beautiful island! oh, and "kyle" means "a small stretch of land
." funny huh?
and that was the end of day#2.

No comments:
Post a Comment